In a funny and pretty unthinkable way, President Obama attacked his successor Donald Trump on the premise that he would be dangerous to the Constitution. Yes, President Obama said that. But it shouldn’t be surprising since for weeks Obama has been spewing nonsense BS about his successor to the press.
“If you disrespect the Constitution by threatening to shut down the press when it doesn’t say things you like, or threaten to throw your opponent in jail, or discriminate against people of different faiths — if you do that before you’re elected, then what are you going to do when you have actual power to do those things?” Obama said at a Hillary Clinton campaign stop.
But The Political Insider brings some facts just to remind him on his mistakes during his unsuccessful presidency.
1) During the 2012 election year, the Justice Department mounted an attack on the First Amendment and Freedom of the Press by seizing the records of reporters at Fox News and the AP, and had one correspondent labeled a criminal “co-conspirator ” in an effort to access his personal emails. An effort that proved successful.
2) The President launched an assault on the Second Amendment right to bear arms, issuing 23 Executive Orders to further unconstitutional federal gun control laws. Tucked away in those Executive Orders were amendments to the Affordable Care Act, which would allow doctors and hospitals to ask patients of their gun status at home, and that they can report perceived threats of violence for those seeking medical care.
3) In 2012, the President made three recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board while the Senate was not in recess, an act the Supreme Court recently unanimously ruled unconstitutional.
4) The Obama IRS compiled a “be on the lookout” list for non-profit organizations applying for tax-exempt status. Those lists included key words and phrases such as “Tea Party,” “Israel,” and “Patriots.” The targeting of political opponents has since been blown open as a full-scale Constitutional free speech scandal, including the Nixonian-level loss of two-years worth of emails, and the destruction of multiple hard drives belonging to key figures at the IRS.
5) “Multiple revisions in the President’s signature health care reform law are unconstitutional, including delays in employer mandates and out-of-pocket caps, insurance requirements, exemptions for Congressional members and their staff, IRS regulation of the employer mandate penalty, and of course, yesterday’s Hobby Lobby ruling on religious freedom” writes The Political Insider
6) Bailouts of auto industry giants General Motors and Chrysler violated creditor’s rights and bankruptcy law, as well as the Constitution’s Takings and Due Processes Clauses.
7) President Obama’s trade of five high-ranking Taliban commanders for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was a violation of federal law (at least) when he failed to notify Congress, something a leading policy expert described as a violation of the separation of powers and “a serious challenge to the Constitution.”
8) President Obama released a draft executive order requiring businesses with federal contracts to disclose independent expenditures on federal elections. This action is something Senator Ted Cruz recently decried as “disastrous policy that would unconstitutionally chill free speech.” As reported by The Political Insider.
9) The administration developed a “kill list” that would let the President himself kill American citizens if he claims they are suspected of terrorism. The act of droning Americans based on suspicions is a clear violation of due process rights afforded under the 5th Amendment. Obama actually killed two American citizens with drones, without any charges or evidence presented of their guilt, no trial, and no sentence. One of them was a 16 year-old boy whose only crime, according to Obama’s spokesman, was “not having a better father.”
10) In an attempt to shield any DOJ officials from wrongdoing in the Fast and Furious gun running case, the President misused executive privilege to keep the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform from accessing 1,300 pages of documents.
But isn’t it ironic how Democrats are complaining about Trump, but everything they said is far more true for them?
Obama has done nothing right for this country. He didn’t bring a good perspective for this country. We are less respected by the world leaders under Obama’s presidency.
But we can see the light coming on January 20th. Donald Trump is the light that will shine and make America a brighter place for our future. Let’s forget about Obama’s presidency and his stupid policies as soon as possible, and hope that Donald Trump will restore them any soon.